Sweets & Treats: Central Louisiana style!
• Meet 3rd-generation member of the Littlepage family to hear a bit of history and learn more about the family’s longtime “nutty love of pecans”
• Make “pecan crack candy’’, taste organic pecan oil and explore special wares of local artisans/craftspeople for sale in the 100-year old Commissary
• Or just sit a spell in the rockers and enjoy a cup of coffee. The coffee pot is always brewing and muffins, jams and pecan goodies are always near-by!
|Morning||Kent Plantation House |
• Pristine, authentic Creole plantation home from the early 1800s
|Lunch||Kent Plantation House
• House-prepared period lunch and desserts
• Over lunch learn more about “sweets and treats” of the period
|Afternoon||Do the Loop --A Dose of Retail Therapy
• Consider: Addie’s Boutique, Terra Home*, Dressed to the Bixby, John Ward Interior & Gifts*, Flowers/Gifts by Rick, Oma’s Favorite Handcrafted Soaps and Southern Chic*, etc.)
*Featuring items special to and/or unique to Louisiana
Sips & Nibbles -An Afternoon Break
• Atwood’s Bakery or Little Cakes, Big Attitude (Depends on size of group)
• Option: Seasonal/Themed Cookie Decorating class, King Cake demonstration, etc.
|Afternoon||Hotel & Free Time|
|Late Afternoon||Creativity and Cocktails!
• River Oaks Square Arts Center
• Hands-on art with resident artist
• Sip something special while creating a personal masterpiece
• Ex: Mardi Gras Mask, Ornaments/Wreaths, Mini Canvas, New Year’s Eve Mask
• Gift Shop showcasing works of Southern artists (art, jewelry, pottery, etc.)
|Dinner||Hotel & Free Time|
• Homestyle Southern Dinner
• Live music & dancing can be arranged
• Cajun, Blues, Zydeco, etc.
Alexandria Museum of Art
• Personal Welcome and Guided Tour
• Private cocktail reception overlooking the Red River
• Catered dinner in Museum Gallery