This large commercial building originally housed a jewelry store, a sporting goods shop, a pool hall and cigar shop, and a grocer with each store separated by a partition on the ground floor, and a dance hall on the second floor. A “pilastered wall” is indicated in a 1928 map – this exterior wall is still present today and has been revealed with the recent removal of the modern exterior on the Washington St. side of the building. The dance hall, the Blue Roof, remained on the second floor, with the ground floor housing shops, including the Pure Food Grocery. By 1938 S. Van Skye Insurance, Tru-Value Dress shop, and Skye’s Coffee Shop were located here. Caplan’s Men’s Shop moved into the building by 1940. By 1942 Kushner’s Jewelers was also in operation. Tru-Value expanded to occupy 1126 and 1130 at the corner of 3rd at Washington while Caplan’s remained. In 1954 Stein’s men’s clothing moved in next to True-Value; by 1960 Holly Dress shop and Bell Brothers shoes were tenants in the building. It housed the Tru-Value Shop until the 1960s, at which time it was replaced with Rhealee Accessory Department Store. It was renovated in 1981 when it was converted to the O’Neal Department Store, with the addition of metal cladding and modern brick to the exterior of the building. In more recent years it was used for the operation of “Louisiana Nightmares,” a seasonal haunted house. The owner, Al Turner, seeks community input for future use ideas for this building that would contribute to downtown development.