This historic residence was built by Henarie Morrison Huie, who founded the Alexandria Daily Town Talk with his uncle, Edgar McCormick. Huie and his wife Margaret lived here until they built a new home at the corner of St. James and Fifth St. One of their two daughters, Myrtle Huie, moved into this residence with her husband, Joseph Dellmon, after they married in 1918. Joe Dellmon began working at The Town Talk in the early 1920s, eventually becoming Supervisor of Maintenance and Staff Photographer. Myrtle was an active member of the newspaper’s board of directors and became president of McCormick and Company, Inc., publishers of The Town Talk. Joseph and Myrtle lived here until their deaths in the 1970s. The home was originally designed in the Queen Anne style, and was completely altered with the replacement of its wood siding with red brick masonry in the 1930s, giving it a more mid-20th century Colonial Revival appearance. Iron posts and balusters, a fanlight, sidelights, and iron railing along the roof and portico were also additions made to the house. Despite the removal of its original historic exterior, the home is significant for its association with the Huie and Dellmon families. After a 17-year vacancy, the HuieDellmon Trust was donated to the Rapides Parish Library in 1993 to provide additional office and storage space for the overcrowded Main Branch Library building on Washington St. It also serves as a meeting place for library events and other organizations.