This structure was built as a residence for J. T. Charnley and his wife, Eva, in 1906. Mr. Charnley was a native of Wisconsin who played a role in the manufacture of one of the first soda pop drinks in this area. It is a one-and-ahalf story five-bay center hall cottage, or enclosed dogtrot, in the Greek Revival style. The symmetrically placed bays and windows and central front entrance, suggest American influence. The two interior chimneys indicate a Creole influence. It is constructed of a wood frame on a brick pier foundation with a full length single story front porch and clapboard siding. The front entrance features sidelights, a transom, and classical columns and balustrade supporting the gallery. It is now in use as the law office of Eugene P. Cicardo.